Physical and mental fatigue are hazards that effect a person’s ability to work safely.
Fatigue reduces alertness and can lead to errors and an increase in incidents and injuries.
This course explores:
- The causes of fatigue and impact on workplace health and safety;
- Sleep science including the relationship between fatigue and sleep and implications for shift work;
- Understanding the legislative duty to manage the hazard of fatigue;
- Taking a risk management approach to managing fatigue;
- Tools and templates for introducing or improving a fatigue risk management system.