As you will be aware the COVID-19 virus has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation. This notification is precautionary and gives basic information. For more detailed information please visit the Ministry of Health website https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
To prevent the spreading of the COVID-19 virus to the general public, it is very important we look after our own health and the people around us by doing our best to stop the spread of coughs and colds:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water before and after eating as well as after going to the toilet.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with clean tissues or your elbow.
- Put used tissues in the bin.
- If you’re unwell – STAY HOME.
The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to those you would expect in a range of other respiratory illnesses so having one or more does not necessarily mean you have it.
These symptoms include:
- coughing, and
- difficulty breathing.
If you are showing these symptoms:
- contact your GP or Health Centre by phone to explain what you are experiencing and any travel history or call Healthline’s general number 0800 611 116.
- and if you have a course coming up, please contact WorksafeReps on 0800 336 966, we will transfer you to a later course when you are well again.