In this Stage 3 course you will be deepening and broadening your skills as a Health and Safety Representative (HSR).
- The main focus is on:
- Understanding costs and productivity
- Analysing injury information to identify risks
- Identifying risk controls
- Creating and presenting an improvement plan
- Exploring your role in rehabilitation.
This course aims to build your skills in fostering positive health and safety management practices, identifying hazards/risks, bringing them to the PCBU’s attention and discussing ways they may be dealt with.
As promoting the interests of workers harmed at work, including arrangements for rehabilitation and return to work (HSW Act, sch 2, cl 1(h)), can be a specific function of an HSR, we will also be looking at rehabilitation principles and Return to Work Plans.